This was a terrible, terrible tragedy.
We should pray for the families of all involved:
- The offers who were killed
- The officers who were wounded, and struggle to recover
- The civilians who were shot
- The family of the murderer, who by all appearances were ignorant of his terrible plans, and now have to wonder how the person they loved could do something like this
- Pray for the whole city of Dallas, and for our nation. Pray for Baton Rouge and St. Paul, too.
Being a police officer is obviously a dangerous job. While some jobs (like logging and fishing) are more dangerous in terms of death and injury, police face the added psychological danger of active, malevolent violence.
It can’t be an easy job to do, and they all need our prayers.