(Video warning: harsh language)
Well, one good thing about going vegan, is that I am immune from the worst of it: pink slime, McNuggets, whatever’s in hot dogs. I get a bit queasy thinking about how many of those I ate over the course of the last 40 years.
But I’m sure I’m still taking in a lot of frankenfood. I never knew that about orange juice.
So I’m working to make some gradual changes in a more “whole foodsy” direction.
- Eating oatmeal for breakfast more often
- (As opposed to peanut butter and bagels, or prepared cereals)
- Topping my salads with homemade vinegar dressings, not pre-bottled one
- Eating even more raw fruits and vegetables than I do now
- Chilling and eating dates for dessert more often, instead of more processed options
- Eventually getting a juicer and making my own juice
This will hopefully be better for me, both for long-term health and short-term digestion. My weight may even settle in a little lower, but I’m much more concerned with blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and so on.