What can be both burgers and fries? Round Two Purple Potatoes.
Actually, any color sweet potato will work, but the purple ones have a wonderfully complex flavor.
- baked sweet potatoes (leftovers are good. that’s why I call them”round two” potatoes)
- fresh cut red onion
- olive oil
You’ll also want your favorite condiments and possibly some good bread or hamburger buns.
The directions are as simple as the ingredients:
- Thickly coat a medium skillet with olive oil, and turn it onto medium heat (about 6).
- Slice the red onion and put it into the oil. Do this first, because the onions will take longer than the potatoes
- Cut the potatoes about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- Place the potato slices into the oil with the onions and cook for about two minutes per side.
- Take them out and eat them.
You can eat these like round French fries (they’re especially good with a mix of ketchup and mayo) or you can toast some bread and eat them with your favorite toppings, including the sauteed onions.
As usual, I got no pictures, because we devoured them all before I even thought about reaching for my phone. Oops.