- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and diced. Sweet potatoes taste even better than white potatoes, but both work well
- 2/3 to 1 cup cooked cut carrots
- 1/4 to 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Curry powder and red pepper to taste
- Salt and black pepper
- If you haven’t done so already, cook the potatoes, lentils, and carrots
- Simmer the onion,garlic, and red bell pepper in a little water until slightly soft
- Stir in the lentils, potatoes, and carrots
- Add curry and ground red pepper to taste
- Cook covered on low heat for 10 minutes, until everything is hot, and the flavors have mixed. If it doesn’t treats quite right, add curry, stir, and simmer a few minutes longer.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste on the plate. You’ll use a lot less salt that way, and it will taste better.
- Eat over rice for best effect
It’s hard to express how much I like this recipe, so I’ll let a more eloquent Tim do it for me: