So, I’m three weeks in, and I’m feeling pretty good.
I’m eating like a king, trying new foods all the time (something I always loved doing anyway). And they aren’t all “healthy” foods, either:
- General Tso’s Tofu
- Lay’s Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper potato chips
- Baked white potatoes with sesame seeds and either creole mustard or barbecue sauce
- Pineapple juice mixed with seltzer water (very refreshing)
- Outshine bars
- So Delicious Almond Milk Mocha Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter on quality white bread or bagels
- Bangkok Peanut Sauce on rice or noodles or whatever
- Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
And that’s in addition to all the healthy food I’m eating
- salads with apple cider vinegar and course-ground mustard dressing (mix them together and toss the greens – it’s awesome)
- raw vegetables (crudites – pronounced crew-dee-tays. It sounds like a Mardi Gras parade: “Krewe De Tay”)
- stir-fries starring broccoli, sugar snap peas, and chick peas
- stir-fried eggplant
- oatmeal sweetened with dates.
- just eating the dates themselves
I’m really just eating whatever I want, whenever I want it, and eating as much as I want. I’m often hungry, but I’m never hungry for very long.
So how do am I doing?
Well, my digestion has been much better. I haven’t needed heartburn medicine since I started.
My energy level is up, though I still suffer when I don’t get enough sleep (and I’m still a coffee addict).
My weight is down 20 pounds, from 375 to 355, and my clothes fit again. Actually, some of them are starting to fall off of me. I’m glad I’ve got a good belt.
It’s easier to get off the ground, and I move around a lot better. I feel a lot lighter, though some of that may be the weight off my conscience 🙂
I actively want to keep this up.